Sunday, September 30, 2012

wooden bracelet sketching


I bought a wooden bracelet at the craft store the other day. It was so smooth I felt it to be a crime to paint on it. I got out my black ink pen and began to draw. Free hand, no sketching out ideas ahead of time. I just let the lines go where they wanted to. Then, when the black lines were complete, I colored it in using pencil crayons. I topped it off with a clear gloss varnish. The image is of a girl holding an orange cat. Her long patterned skirt going all the way around with her little red shoes almost meeting her head.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea! I love how your painting enhanced the bracelet ten fold! Wonderful Tascha! Do I foresee some Tascha Art on Wood Bracelets?? xoxo

andrea creates said...

such a cute bracelet :)

Marilia said...

I really love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessi said...

Lovely sketch - it's sooo pretty!

Lakshmi Damodar said...

Hi Tascha,

Lovely bangles. I happen to popup accidently to this blog this morning but accidents can be beautiful. Lovely art. I am falling in love with everything here :)

Lakshmi

Askazombiehousewife said...

I thought it looked lovely

I promoted your art on my best product article "The cool world of cute"

http://www.squidoo.com/the-cool-world-of-cute

Have a nice day

Askazombiehousewife said...

Lovely art

Jenny Holiday & Aaron said...

Tascha!!! Ahhhh!!! This is so so so so cute!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

xo